2014-05-21

Going Ape

I took a ride down to Enoshima yesterday, partially because I could partially because I wanted to get some longer distance experience on Matt's bike. While I was there I decided to take some photos of it.

HONDA APE 50 HONDA APE 50 HONDA APE 50 HONDA APE 50

It's a tiny bike too small for me both from a size and an engine capacity standpoint but considering I'm being lent it for the price of whatever parts are needed to keep it running, I am not complaining too much. That said, due to it's size compared to my wide ass, I'm gonna need to get a carrier rack of sorts cos any rides over an hour long are going to be hell on my lower back with a backpack (this ride was 3 and a half hours -__- )


HONDA APE 50 HONDA APE 50 HONDA APE 50
It was great weather for a ride though, not cold, but not too hot. And riding along the coast is always going to be awesome. These longer rides are not going to be a regular thing though. It just takes too damn long on the 50cc to get anywhere. I need to work toward having a steady monthly income so I can get my car back and use that for longer drives and eventually get my proper bigger bike license and get a 250cc for close commutes and city travel.

HONDA APE 50 HONDA APE 50 HONDA APE 50

Till then this will keep me going. Even with the fatiguing ride, having the freedom to go wherever the hell I want whenever I want, is EPIC. It took about as long as the train to get to the coast and it was more tiring, but there was so much less stress and I found some interesting things along the way that I'd never find on the steel tubes of misery. The bike was also way cheaper. This trip cost me about ¥400 as opposed to almost ¥1500 on the zombie line.

No comments: