2012-01-27

Cape Town

P1240562
While I was back home I took a trip to the sleepy city (they call it the friendly city but the only friendly people I met there were the one’s who were not from there originally. Go figure. I daresay it is still the most beautiful city I have ever been to in my life.


blouberg-Panorama-2-WEB
P1240418_MG_9958
Did the touristy thing with my close friends in Blouberg drove round the Cape Point area, checked out the local birds. Ate epic food and generally had a good time.
P1240432
simonstown-panoramaWEB
A point on Blouberg though. It sucks. It reminds me of the snazzier parts of the  East Rand in Joburg. A bunch of money and no taste. I felt like it was a place for white people to escape from the city (and integration) while still being able to say they are a part of it. Not my cup of tea really. Prefer the inner city which feels a little more mixed and has a LOT more unique culture.
 _1240368
That said however. Cape town is still quite a bit behind Joburg in the whole post apartheid koombayah. In a way though, I have left the country so who am I to talk right? It was fun hanging with good friends and laughing at the funny people though :D
P1240549
It always amuses me how It’s technically in a different timezone to Joburg but it isn’t so it’s still bright at seven thirty.
_1240529
And it It is a beautiful place.

No comments: