2011-07-26

Shibukawa Bellybutton Festival

The annual Bellybuton festival was upon us once again and as always I went up the road to join in the festivities…IMG_1897



Yes I said bellybutton festival didn’t I?
As it turns out they were having a mini Dashi matsuri near the station and mini Ikaho Mikoshi matsuri up near the Tsutaya. to promote the other Shibukawa festivals. Azuma-cho was one of the Dashi teams that had come out. Being our neighbours, some members of Shimogo also helped with the pulling… and the momi

IMG_1908
Needless to say that for me dancing around with a face painted on my belly had lost it”s appeal. I dashed home and put on what Shimogo kit I could find and joined in the dashi side of things. It was a little too short for my liking but considering my bad footwear (and resultant injury) it was probably a good thing.

I LOVE THE DASHI MATSURI!!!!



I can’t tell you why but its the most awesome festival I have ever experienced here. I can’t wait till next year. for 2 more days of strain, EPIC FUN!
IMG_1903
as for the bellybutton festival? Whatever.

No comments: