2010-03-17

Live Report – HAMMER CRUSHED FES! (2010-03-06)

_1010568 
The truth is after the opening picture you honestly don’t need any report do you… I mean… You know where this is going right? It is ME after all.
I don’t know if you remember me mentioning a guy called Brian in the Deluhi Live Report?
_1010628
This is Brian. He is Legend!
Well I got a text from him about a Metal cover gig going down at his university. Essentially the Metal club puts together a live show every now and then where the bands within the club do covers of big names. It actually sounds like a bit of a joke actually… I mean university ‘metal club’ and ‘cover bands’ you wouldn’t honestly expect me to take that shit seriously right?

P1010617
_1010614
_1010584
If I didn’t rate Brian so highly I probably wouldn’t have taken it so seriously. but he is a really awesome guy and I doubted that he would be punting complete bullshit so I went along and reserved my judgement.

HOLY MARY BOUND TO A BED!!!!!

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!


I will admit that it may have had something to do with the sever shortage of actual metal in Japan but it did help that the bands were hot shit! The fact that they had a room about the size of a small live house and sound that could rival the Meguro Rockmaykan definitely helped even more. It was a top quality show (better than any club venue in SA)… and it was FREE!
P1010611
I didn’t go alone. David Joined me. Our task was to shoot for a new ep. of Shin Yamato Damacy with my new camera… but due to my overzealous headbanging later that night (there is another Live Report coming :3 ) I managed to lose all of the footage and half of the photos!!!!!!!!! Yes I know. Shit happens. They make Hello Kitty Toilet paper for that!
So due to Shin Yamato Damacying… I didn’t do too much band watching/moshing… but I did more moshing than I have ever done at a VK show, so IT WAS THE WIN!!!!
P1010608
All the musicians were extremely skilled, The vocalists were not the best on earth with the exception of one. The front man for Dimension Zero… HE WAS AWESOME!… in fact the entire band was really phenomenal… Especially the Drummer, Shuhei, he was BRUTAL! it gets better though…

THEY HAD THE WALL OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I came!

twice

in quick succession.


The best was still yet to come… We were invited to the after party, which was the best part of the show… I finally got to meet, talk to make friends with my people in Japan. It has been so hard finding kindred spirits here. I thought I would never, but I did… Each and Every one of them were great. We connected instantly and were brought together by our passion for music. Many of us had different tastes in metal… many liked other music as well! but we all came together, helped by a little beer admittedly, but we still got along swimmingly. I cannot remember when last I had that much fun in a social party environment! It was such a welcome change from all the ALT parties. I could talk about the things that really mattered in the world with people who truly understood what life is about.

It was like being back home.


It was fun… a crapload of fun… and it was only the start of what turned out to be an epic day!
___________________________________________________________________________
Just an additional note… Their university is soooo cooool!!!!!! (but I forget what its called :p )
_1010626 _1010634
_1010630 _1010635
Straight out of cyberpunk!

No comments: