2009-07-14

Turbo Lag… of NOTE!

This is an update.

So about a month ago, Yoshi did me another favour on the car front… My Turbo Gasket had gone and I had no power. basically it spooled to level but it gave no boost. So I ordered a new gasket and in his free time he put it in for me.

s14_engine_work

After removing the turbo, which was a bit of a hassle because of Nissan’s low mounted manifold, The gasket was found and removed… Yoshi also welded up the useless coolant lines and removed some random crap that was un nececary… safety devices and factory boost controllers and such.

S14_turbo_gasket

Upon closer inspection, the turbine seemed to be a bit sticky which was a little worrisome but there is not much one can do about it till you put it in and see if its actually dead or if it was just the gasket.

s14_turbo_2 s14_turbo

We also plugged in the Blitz Blow off Valve that I got from him last year. If not why not.blitz_BOV

Plugged everything back together, tightened all the bolts and…

FOKOL… the turbo bearings had seized (gasses didn’t go anywhere, they need to escape so they blew the gasket and found freedom) So basically till I can find me another Turbo (affordable) my Silvia Ks, Drives like a Silva Qs. which sucks a bit.

 Blitz_BOV2

Anyone have an SR20DET Turbo that they wanna pass to me for 30 odd thousand yen, hit me up.

 

Oh yeah my rear left Axle member needs replacing too… a casualty of my trip to the Neri Touge.

 

 

TLDR: I need a new turbo and axle member =___=;

No comments: